November 27, 2019
North American launch of new book "Museum Development in China"
Venue: George Ignatieff Theatre, 15 Devonshire Pl, Toronto, ON M5S 2C8
Time: November 27th 4:30PM-6:00PM
Lord Cultural Resources, in partnership The University of Toronto’s School of Cities, Asian Institute at the Munk School of Global Affairs and Public Policy, the Faculty of Information (iSchool), invite you to join us for the North American launch of Museum Development in China: Understanding the Building Boom.
This event will feature a presentation by co-editor Gail Dexter Lord, followed by a panel of experts who will discuss the role cultural diplomacy plays in Chinese Canadian relations and the role of museums as an approach to urbanism and city building. Introduction by Shauna Brail, Associate Professor and Associate Director, Partnerships and Outreach, School of Cities, University of Toronto.
- Rebecca Catching, Museum Consultant and Editorial Coordinator
- Gail Dexter Lord, President and Co-Founder, Lord Cultural Resources
- Jennifer Purtle, Associate Professor, Department of Art History, University of Toronto
- Yan Zhou, Curator and PhD student, Faculty of Information (iSchool), University of Toronto
- Haoying Han, Professor and Director, Institute of Urban and Rural Planning Theories and Technologies, Zhejiang University
Moderated by Cara Krmpotich, Associate Professor and Director of the Museum Studies Program, University of Toronto.
Museum Development in China is an international collaboration which aims to discover how much East and West can learn from each other about museum roles, our publics, how we preserve what we preserve and future sustainability—even as we marvel at the amazing accomplishments of China’s museum building boom.
Order Your Copy Today
Use promo code RL25LORDBK for 25% off