September 20, 2014
Fort York Visitor Centre Opened on September 20
Fort York Visitor Centre designed by Patkau Architects & Kearns Mancini Architects opened to the public on September 20, 2014 after a restoration, redevelopment and revitalization of the 43-acre national historic site where urban Toronto was founded in 1793. Fort York was the location of a major battle during which British, Canadian and First Nations combatants defended the Town of York (Toronto) against US forces during the War of 1812.
Lord Cultural Resources was commissioned to develop a Facilities Plan to serve as the foundation for the design and construction of the Visitor Centre, and a Business Plan.
Fort York Visitor Centre will be hosting Magna Carta exhibition designed and developed by Lord Cultural Resources in the fall of 2015.