Cultural institutions have begun to think about how to approach reopening. We all know we’re not returning to the old normal. When the shutdown ends, exhibitions, programming, staffing, space usage, and digital engagement will all look very different than they used to.
Lord is here to help you regain and maintain control through these unpredictable circumstances. We’re ready to work with you to plan your reopening strategy, build your resilience and adaptability, and position your institution to succeed no matter what the “new normal” looks like.
- Build in-house capacity to manage change and plan for uncertain circumstances
- Use our customized workshops, data analysis, and trend tracking to increase your capacity and capabilities
- Flexible, cost-effective options can involve hourly rates or lump sum
Pre-opening and reopening strategies
- Keeping staff and visitors safe
- Ensuring staff and visitors feel safe
- HR strategy
- Ramping up after temporary layoffs or terminations
- Planning with a skeleton staff
- Rethinking use of built and outdoor spaces
- New funding strategies
- Community support
- Private funders
- Emergency government funding
- Planning with reduced staff and other resources
- Phased openings
- Timed ticketing
- Strategic action plan for bringing back staff
- Digital engagement
- Health and safety measures for staff and visitors
- Identification of likely “first returners” among potential audiences and communities
- Long-term funding strategies
Identifying existing strengths, finding new ones
- Assessing changes and additions for exhibitions and programs
- Leveraging membership relationships
- Strengthening volunteer relationships
- Engaging high-profile supporters — celebrities, politicians, community leaders, etc.
We know that many institutions are unexpectedly facing uncertainty and financial challenges. The pandemic affects every organization differently, and we are more than ready customize our services to match your specific goals, resources, and circumstances.
Together, we can get to the other side of this crisis, and emerge — we hope — more robust and better positioned for success than ever before.
Find out more about how Lord can support you in developing the smart reopening strategy for your institution. Contact Maria Piacente at 416-562-1390 or firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us with any inquiries at email@example.com.