Lord Cultural Resources is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks out and welcomes cultural diversity. We are interested in hearing from exceptional people.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Project Accountant works collaboratively with accounting, administrative and consulting teams in managing the accounting for assigned projects. The Project Accountant contributes to and ensures the completion of a diverse range of accounting duties including general accounting, reporting, cash management, payables/receivables management, and expense management using Deltek Vision ERP system.
The qualified candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, committed and adaptable team player. You must be detail oriented, organized, and quality conscious, have impeccable time and project management skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm in museums, culture, and the arts. Other key qualifications include:
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting or Business field or related discipline and/or equivalent applicable experience;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in General Accounting with at least 3 years working independently with project accounting in a professional services related business;
- Proficiency working with Deltek Vision or similar project accounting ERP system;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in bookkeeping;
- Understanding of financial statements and chart of accounts set up;
- Experience with accounts reconciliation and analysis and working with multiple currencies;
- Proven previous experience in customer service;
- Exceptional English verbal and written communication skills (additional languages an asset);
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook), including advanced experience using MS Excel;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines;
- Ability to create great working relationships at all levels within the company;
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
Lord Global Internship Program
The Lord Cultural Resources Global Internship Program is designed to broaden the experience of those embarking on professional careers in the cultural resources sector.
Interns work closely with our professional consulting staff. In addition to assisting with general research, Interns will have the opportunity to participate fully in our current projects worldwide. An Internship promises to be an exciting and rewarding experience, providing you with the opportunity to meet and work with colleagues in the field, establish an international network, and learn and develop new skills.
Internships are structured to meet your professional career goals or the requirements of your program of study.
We are an equal opportunity workplace and we welcome cultural diversity in our workforce. For more information, please contact us at.